April 06, 2011

I just finished Mafia 2 and will review it.

The game has some good and bad parts. It had superb character development, storyline, cut-scenes and dialog. The voice acting was very good. This is why I like singeplayer games. The ones that are good, are REALLY good. Mafia 1 for example. That game just blew my mind. Mafia 2 was a bit flawed in some points however.

The 2 major things that I disliked about M2 was the constant driving.. oh my god the driving. I'm still having nightmares.. I'm just driving and driving and there is no end to it.

The second thing was that the missions were either no action(shooting) ones or bloodbaths. I mean, I either killed 20 guys in 5 minutes or drove around for 30 minutes. There were no consistent 4 min driving, killed 3 guys in 5 min etc. That was the powerpoint of Mafia 1 - it was all layd out perfectly.

I will be ranking games with a scale of Mafia 1.
For Mafia 1, I'd give 9.5/10. Mafia 2 is worth 6.5/10. It was decent. Worth your 12h of gaming if the DRIVING doesn't ware you off too badly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home